Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Hosting a lathe manual pdf?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rainbows29/07/2018 15:05:51
658 forum posts
236 photos

So a long while ago I asked for a pdf for my Keighley Lift lathe. Since then I have been messaged about it and emailed about 20 people a copy of the pdf.

Does anyone know a convenient place I could upload the pdf so I don't need to email it to people? One day I might get run over a bus or lose my forum password or so on and then those who wish for the pdf are a bit stuck.

JasonB29/07/2018 15:08:22
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

I use Drop box, Works for the milling article and photos each month that I send to Neil and drawings for engines I have featured here. Free for a reasonable amount of data.

Muzzer29/07/2018 15:34:48
2904 forum posts
448 photos

If you have a Google account, you can use the free Google Drive. And if you subscribe to Microsoft for their Office products, you can use the Microsoft Onedrive. There's even Apple iCloud Drive if you are so inclined. They all work fine and it's simple matte to send a link by email that only they can open etc.

Murray

peak429/07/2018 15:40:08
2207 forum posts
210 photos

Both Facebook groups, and Yahoo groups, allow hosting of files, if you can find a group which has an interest in your lathe.

You can join the relevant group(s), upload the file, and then leave/die at a later date, but the file will remain behind.

I understand that you may wish to put off the latter for as long as possible. wink 2

Bill

Jon Lawes29/07/2018 15:59:06
1078 forum posts

Feel free to use this link for a dropbox account, then we both get more space than standard (as a referal incentive). Unless of course JasonB wants to provide a referral link, only fair as he mentioned it first.

**LINK**

JasonB29/07/2018 16:02:02
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

You can use Jon's link

Bazyle29/07/2018 21:51:55
6956 forum posts
229 photos

Dropbox is blocked on my company computer because it is used by malware distributors etc. The yahoo groups are a good idea as they are widely used by people with a similar interest or lathe or machine.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate