Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

3" Simplicity Steamroller

Copper boiler question

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Graham Swales02/05/2017 19:08:01
36 forum posts

As mentioned in my "new member" introduction, I am currently building a 3 scale Simplicity Steamroller to the Plaistow (Bridport Foundry) design.

I have a couple of queries regarding the construction of and subsequent firing of the copper boiler which I would appreciate the experience of anyone who has built one of these "brutes".

Thanks in anticipation.

Grum

Jon Cameron22/05/2017 22:06:52
368 forum posts
122 photos

I can't answer any questions on the boiler firing, but do you have some pics to share so far, I've been debating whether to look into one of their kits, and would like to know how your finding assembly?

Graham Swales24/05/2017 19:22:15
36 forum posts

Jon

Apologies for not responding sooner - the joys of having a more than full time job!

I will sort out some pictures and create a folder but it will probably not be before the weekend.

Just for clarification, Bridport Foundry are suppliers of the old Plaistow drawings and provide raw castings to support the design. They do not actually provide machined components in a kit form. In order to build the design you will need a range of workshop tooling and experience - the drawings leave a little to be desired and some of the components are quite intricate.

Hope this helps..

Grum

Puffafish11/09/2018 12:55:17
19 forum posts

Sorry to restart a year old thread, but I've been looking to see if anyone can tell me about the simplicity roller for a while!

They only supply the raw casting don't they? I got interested when I say the claim on the website that "only the rollers OD needs to be machined". But I'm dubious as to how much work that would require, and how big a lathe would be needed for a roller!

Former Member11/09/2018 16:25:16
1329 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate