Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Harrogate Showground

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nigel Graham 205/12/2022 14:22:49
3293 forum posts
112 photos

Well said Dave!

Yes, it would be too far for me as well if it were not for a chance to combine it with a weekend at my caving-club; but I have yet to decide if I will attend. It would mean a round-trip of some 700 miles.

I don't enjoy night-driving either. Empty roads, or light traffic on a motorway, I can cope with. It seems every time you need the most light some car with extremely intense head-lamps and quite possibly permanently-on fog-lamps, suddenly appears around the bend or summit you are approaching.

I 'm not so sure about ladies in night-clubs though... wrong type of "model"!

Anyway, I telephoned the YEC this morning!

The lady helpfully said the show is taking place but added that it and other events are not yet on the web-site because their organisers have yet to confirm their bookings.

I asked if event organisers generally were being cautious, by the aftermath of Covid, the rising costs of living etc;, but she thought that was not the case.

I commented on the empty web-site otherwise, but she explained a lot of bookings are private business shows and conferences, and they do have local sales such as for Christmas tress.

Brian Wood05/12/2022 16:44:31
2742 forum posts
39 photos

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for your posting and for checking the veracity of the event, it seems we are all now in the hands of the organisers for any further progress.

Regards Brian

Circlip07/12/2022 11:29:21
1723 forum posts

No matter where the event is held, it will always be too far to travel for some. In the days of good old Alley Pally it was well attended, just think, if it was held thereabouts now, at the time it used to be, how many would attend THIS year??

Regards Ian.

Nicholas Farr07/12/2022 11:52:14
3988 forum posts
1799 photos

Hi Ian, I would probably go as long as there was no railway strikes on my chosen day.

Regards Nick.

Clive India07/12/2022 12:00:46
277 forum posts

Come on folks - it's a day out. It's not that complicated.
To sum this thread up - someone asked if rumours of an exhibition at Harrogate was likely to happen.
After more than 2 pages we found it is definitely planned and the details are available.
Then some are not going and feel the need to moan and tell us why in great detail - as if we would be interested.
It's just a day out!

Baz07/12/2022 13:24:47
1033 forum posts
2 photos

Am I to assume then that this is pretty well the end of this thread, there is an exhibition and some of us are going, in the words of the late great LBSC nuff said.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate