Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

'shop tip from 1921

Drain clearing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin King 225/11/2018 17:27:52
1129 forum posts
1 photos

...... Nitrogen tri-iodide soaked into teachers chalk.......followed by serious canings.....

Martin

daveb25/11/2018 17:47:24
631 forum posts
14 photos
Posted by duncan webster on 24/11/2018 22:55:00:

Reminds me of many years ago when I was trying unsuccessfully to run an EDB diesel. Fuel was home made equal parts of diesel, redex and ether. My Dad decided to get the pot bellied stove in the kitchen going by dousing the coke in ether and applying a match. Not only blew the doors off the stove, all the coke was spread around the kitchen together with a lot of the soot out of the chimney. Mother was not a happy bunny. Neither was I as he didn't volunteer to buy more ether. Strange how as a teenager I could just wander into Boots in a small market town and buy such stuff no problem.

Years ago, young fellow tried to light a pot bellied stove by filling with paper, wood and coke and soaking with cellulose thinners. Resulting explosion demolished stove and removed most of his clothes. Daveb

Zan25/11/2018 23:01:37
356 forum posts
25 photos

As a child of the 50’s we had fun

1) dad was  A radio engineer with lots of aluminium tube. With 2 pence rockets these made great bazookers one aimed, one lit the rocket. Still got me eyes i don’t know how

2) we loved throwing bangers, light. Count. To 4 throw. And use as a grenade. Problem was when the new banger 321zero was introduced it went off in three seconds of fizzing. Still got me hands  amazing that a kid under 10 went n spent all his pocket money at the corner shop on gpbangers, rockets and jumping jacks

3). Penny boxes of caps go off with a tremendous bang if you hit the closed box with a big hammer. It jumps high and it makes your ears ring..... perhaps this is whi I have tinatus now....

4 home made gunpowder was fun

5 cross bows made with 3 layers of 4 mm square elastic with a green garden cane as a bolt, weighted tooth Dad’s solder were deadly accurate. We gave up that game after one of us got hit on the forehead his dustbin lid shield was down. He still has the scar.

How did I survive? Kids in this elf n safte days don’t have much fun....... but I’m getting an Arduino for Christmas .....

Edited By Zan on 25/11/2018 23:04:36

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate