By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Taylor 4

Here is a list of all the postings David Taylor 4 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: latest issue
01/08/2022 23:11:18

I have not received my digital copy of the latest ME on pocket mags. My sub is still valid for 8 months. I tried the ME site but no latest ME.

How do I get in touch with Mortons to check what is wrong?

Dave T

Thread: LATE ME DELIVERY
22/07/2022 02:55:44

I have not received the last three ME magazines. I do view the digital version but prefer hard copy..

Is this just a glitch from the ownership transfer or another reason.

Thanks,

Dave

Thread: ER16 Collets from Ebay
09/05/2022 22:54:14

Thanks for the reply Neil. I shall not go down that route.

I have wondered how they are made.I suspect a powered metal blank including the slots, then heat treated and then ground. To do the machining I think they lock the collet slots using a plastic compound because I have found traces of such in some collets.

09/05/2022 16:49:24

The cost of freight is now close to or more than the small articles I buy on line. Many suppliers don't give options on carriers and a flat rate is charged but no indication of max weight for the money. Progress?

08/05/2022 18:58:45

re ER 16 collets: - I bought a collet chuck and 8 collets for about CND $40. 00 from Ebay. The chuck is good and most of the collets. BUT the 0.125" size has a ,006" total run out. Checking it seems to indicate the bore is not concentric with the O/D.

I am not complaining because a pucka replacement 0.125" collet, (.0003" run out,) cost CND $25.00 plus $40.00 freight. The Chuck alone is good value despite the poor collet.

Has anybody tried correcting the errors and if so how?

Thread: late posting to pocketmags
06/05/2022 16:19:46

The latest ME has not yet been posted on the Pocketmags site. Today is publication day. The new owners are not too good at delivering what has been paid for!

Dave Taylor

Thread: model engineers work shop
24/04/2022 16:17:45

My digital copy of the latest MEW (May2022) has not yet been posted on Pocket Mags site.

Has it been discontinued by the new owners?

My sub is good for at least six more months.

Thanks,

Dave Taylor.

Thread: Late digital issue
16/04/2022 18:50:14

My digital sub works OK.

BUT what take over?

28/03/2022 16:25:54

My sub is to the Model Engineer and the latest issue, (25th March) is not on Pocket Mags as yet.

I assume my subscription is still current because I have not received a renewal notice.

Dave T

26/03/2022 15:22:31

The latest issue is not on Pocket Mags as of this morning.( I live in BC Canada). I am sure my subscription is up to date. And I have not had a renewal notice recently.

Dave Taylor

Thread: onshape files
09/02/2022 16:46:16

Hi Byron,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for the file for the QC tool holder bracket.

When I check out the file ref:-"TAPBOX_LT" all I see is the boxes for taps.

When I just tried "TAPBOX_LT->QC" , the ref given for the tool holder bracket, all I get is "not found". Last week the same reference showed what appeared to be electrical connectors.

Frustrating.

Dave.

Thread: Grinding Split Dies
08/02/2022 16:42:18

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I have tried the dremel method with some success. I have also used diamond files which work quite well.

I made a Quorn cutter grinder including the high speed pulley and die holding fixture. My interest is in finding information of how to set up to achieve standard cutting angles.

Examination of smaller size commercial dies reveals a range of cutting angles from hooks to 90degrees.

For taps it is easy just offset the cutting edge and feed the tap radially into the wheel. Grinding the taper with relief is also simple.

It doesn't seem so obvious with a die, particularly a small sized one. How do you grind the taper with relief to the entry to the die?

08/02/2022 03:10:47

Tried this a week or so ago no reply. Any other options?

Thanks.

Thread: Grinding Split Dies
08/02/2022 03:07:29

Any one know of articles on grinding split dies to refurbish them? Especially small sizes; 5BA and smaller.

With reference to the Quorn a guy called Thomas gave instructions on tap grinding which are excellent. Not so good on die grinding.

Thanks,

Dave T

27/01/2022 22:59:55

Thanks for the guidance.

My error was not searching under "public".

However, although I found the tap box file the QC holder file was not at the address in the article.

Is it possible to have the writer confirm the address?

Thanks,

Dave T.

27/01/2022 18:41:45

Sorry, my typo. It was Onshape I checked out..

Did you manage to find the file?

27/01/2022 17:38:11

re ME #4677- 3D printing article.

I am unable to find the Onsite files referenced in this article on the free Onsite web site. File 'TAPBOX_LT' not found is search result.

Any one else had this problem?

Dave Taylor

Thread: missing pages in latest digital ME
26/09/2020 03:05:17

There appears to be several missing pages in the latest digital issue of the ME. Is this just a local problem with my internet feed or a problem at ME?

Thanks,

Dave Taylor

Thread: 4646 digital version not available
29/08/2020 21:58:53

Got it.

Thanks JasonB,

Dave

29/08/2020 19:19:48

I tried pocketmags but it is not obvious to me where to enter my sub number to be able to view the ME. The site is all about buying a sub.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate