By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Hinkley

Here is a list of all the postings John Hinkley has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: warco vs lathe
13/08/2009 17:52:15
Go to:

and follow the trail to the Grizzly 4000 lathe manual.  Its only 2.63Mb pdf file.  If it looks like your friend's lathe - Robert is your mother's brother!

Regards,

John

Thread: Choosing a lthe
07/08/2009 19:14:39
Thanks to all those of you who have replied, both here and by email.  Your thoughts and advice have made me even more determined to place an order.  Can't wait to start  cutting metal!

Best wishes
John Hinkley

06/08/2009 19:32:50
Niloch,

Thanks for the input.  I have visited the Myford web site, more out of curiosity that expectation, but I'm afraid their prices are way beyond my meagre means.  I've had enough trouble getting the Warco purchase past the treasurer!

Perhaps I should have said at the outset that I have limited funds available!

John

06/08/2009 19:07:56
I am new to model engineering, though not entirely new to metalwork, having built a trials car and a kit car from the ground up in my youth.  Now retired, I want to get into model making (not steam) and have just about decided to purchase a new Warco 918 lathe and accessories.  Before I go ahead and pay the extra to have it delivered to me here in France, does anybody own one and if so, how do you find it?
I toyed with buying a secondhand Myford ML7, but haven't had any luck on eBay, always being beaten to the final bid or being out-bid!  Should I persevere?

Thanks,
John

Thread: Sturmey-Archer gears
18/07/2009 15:45:05
There is a pdf file which I think may give you some of the information you require.  I can't see how to attach the file but you'll find it at:

It's only 450Kb, but contains details of the gears, no. of teeth, etc.

Regards,

John
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate