By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Baron J

Here is a list of all the postings Baron J has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cutting Small Internal Keyways
03/10/2023 11:59:44

Hi Chris,

For whatever reason I don't seem able to get at my albums ! In them there is a picture of a tool I made to do exactly the job you are doing !

Edited By Baron J on 03/10/2023 12:00:12

Edited By Baron J on 03/10/2023 12:00:40

Thread: Chester zx milling machine
20/09/2023 18:39:37

Hi Michael,

I wouldn't worry too much, these things can always be repaired !

I've had problems with the DC brushed motor on my Chinese clone Optimum mill from new and repaired it at least a dozen times. The electronics only failed once and that was a 20p 5 volt regulator IC where one of the leads corroded through.

I finally sorted the motor by replacing it with a somewhat bigger treadmill one, still using the original controller !

Thread: QCTP Identification
22/12/2022 10:46:44

Good Morning Jason,

I've not been around for a while so haven't logged in for quite a while. In the meantime Google has removed my old Email Address so I'm now on a different provider. I did try various combinations of name and Email addresses without any success. So I re-registered.

Can I recover my albums ?

21/12/2022 20:44:14

Hi John,

I made my own tool post quite easily and a lot cheaper than forking out for tool holders. There used to be full details in my albums, but it seems that they have been deleted. I've not logged in for quite some time, since I have had to re-register.

Do a search for "Norman Patent" toolpost.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate