By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Adrian 2

Here is a list of all the postings Adrian 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Myford leadscrew bracket.
19/02/2017 08:39:15

Morning all,

Does anyone have experience of removing the right hand leadscrew bracket on the Myford lathe ? In addition to the two cap head screws there are two dowels tapped to aid extraction . Not sure which thread as they are damaged. With the screws removed the bracket is still firmly held in place by the dowels.

I'm thinking a simple extractor to draw the dowels and bracket off as a unit. Any advice appreciated thank you.

Adrian.

Thread: Myford tool post ball handle
28/11/2016 17:04:18

I would like to make a ball handle/lever for my Myford ML7R tool post, to replace the standard nut and spanner arrangement.

For it to be visually correct the dimensions/ proportions are important. Can anyone provide this information please? Not sure if this was or is a Myford part.

There is something very pleasing about seeing a true sphere develop as it is turned. I want to make this.

Any help appreciated thank you.

Adrian.

Thread: A new boy
24/07/2016 21:34:42

Thank you Michael for the welcome.

Here is my first question. Does anyone have any first hand experience of the new Myford big bore lathes currently being produced. Quality and accuracy being my concern of course. Expensive , yes, but you do seem to get a lot for the money. My ML7R has served me faithfully for nearly forty years ,but the 5/8" through bore is limiting. 1" would be so much better. I know a Colchester, Harrison etc makes more sense but the Myford can be so versatile with all the accessories available.

Thanks. Adrian.

24/07/2016 20:32:24

Hello from East Sussex. My garage is my workshop, Myford ML7R and a Warco mill drill. My main interest has always been classic motorcycle restoration and riding, but I seem to be losing the faith these days and can see myself moving into model engineering. I will probably get into model IC engines, something easy to begin with. I have many years of basic turning behind me, so not a complete novice. I look forward to being a forum member.

Kind regards. Adrian. smiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate