By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Manny lambert

Here is a list of all the postings Manny lambert has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warning buyer beware
04/06/2022 15:41:15

Hi every one,

seller has relisted the boring head for £700 and still no detailed description regarding the damage. He has stated that I changed my mind is the reason for relisting.

I left negative feedback due to all the time wasted !, and dishonesty from this seller. Ebay gave me a full refund including postage.

God also intervened has we have received two full refunds, we will return one of the refunds as we are honest.

He now has to wait for us to refund him, that serves him right for being dishonest.

Manny

01/06/2022 08:43:19

img_4937.jpgimg_4936.jpgimg_4935.jpgimg_4934.jpgimg_4938.jpgimg_4925.jpgimg_4926.jpgimg_4934.jpgimg_4940.jpgHi,

up dated photos of damage boring head created by other half.

Thanks for all support

Manny.

31/05/2022 17:15:19

Hi,

thank you to every body for their input and experience. All I am waiting for is the full refund now.

I must also say its only the second time in 8 years of buying tools that this has happened, but I must admit I feel like a complete idiot at my age I should know better. I still like to trust people.

I also gave the seller the full opportunity to give me a partial refund a rather large one due to the unknown nature of the damage, but he totally refused to even discuss the matter.

My expert told me at least 50% was fair as the accessories have some value.

regards

Manny

31/05/2022 09:10:00

damage head 8.jpgdamage head 5.jpgdamage head 1.jpg

damage head 10.jpgdamage head 3.jpg

Hi,

I have just added photos. I hope the pictures are clear and can be enlarged so you can view the damage.

I strongly suspect that the damage was done very early in the life of this boring head, the head was then taken apart due to a fault and then put back together wrong without the problems being fixed.

I also suspect that the head was left on a shelf and did not see any more use, the condition of the accessories testify to such an event.

The raised burr is approx .015 to .020 thou in the worst place. You can also see that the screws and circlip are damaged due to incorrect use of tools.

A very nice and expensive paper weight.

I hope this helps others before purchasing.

Manny

30/05/2022 20:07:19

Hi ,

I want to thank everyone for their support.

The facing and boring head is being returned tomorrow, the auction site had to intervene as the seller refused to acknowledge and pay for the return costs.

I have a couple of questions;

1 ;Is their a better way to protect these purchases other than the auction site method of payment ?

2 ;How can we protect the model engineering community from such unscrupulous people ?

I want to respond to the suggestion that we should inspect all purchases, I agree but up to a point.

I cannot travel due to my health and getting older, so I all ways check the feedback scores when I will make a purchase , I have now decided that this method is not at all reliable.

I have now decided that any future expensive purchase must be guaranteed in writing from the seller by a message through the auction site, hopefully then it will an indicator of honesty.

If anyone wants me to upload the photos of the offending item please let know.

Opinions welcome please.

my regards to all model engineers

Manny

29/05/2022 10:23:54

Hi, been a long time.

Just bought a tool from online auction site with the following description;

(Mizoguchi universal facing and boring head. Designed for performing the most precise operations, with the highest accuracy. Int 40 taper fitting, no damage or marks and a comprehensive kit of extensions and accessories. A superb piece of Japanese engineering and worth every penny as an investment.)

I received the item the following week and was devastated, the photos provided looked ok but there was no photo of the working face where the boring bars are fitted.

It turns out the boring head as been involved in a crash there a burr raised which has turned blue and purple.

On closer inspection this boring had been dismantled which is evidence by the damaged 3 screws in the top feeding ring. The feeding ring binds up and the lower ring does not turn for fine adjustment.

The boring head is actually Morse taper 3 fitted with an Int 40 adapter, I told the seller to remove the adapter to confirm this and he did.

I decided to try it out , the fine feeding button was pushed in while rotating both rings to engage the fine feed.

I run it at 50 rpm with the button in and could not hold the ring by hand I then used the small bar supplied and it snatches out of your hand. The fine feed does not even move the slide.!!!!!?

The lock used for boring does not lock anything whatsoever !!!!!?

I then decided the boring and facing head does not match the description at all, yes everything in the photos was shiny, but without the function, At the moment its a very expensive paper weight. The dispute is ongoing with the seller.

Yesterday I at last found a British company in Norfolk that deals with Boring and facing heads so I gave them a call;

I have told the following:

1: head crashed (I have detailed photos of damage)

2: possibly broke fine feed lever?

3: possibly broken gear train

4: possibly missing internal parts due to incorrect reassembly

5: match pair of gears not fitted correctly

I have been advised by said company that its only worth 50% of original price or less.

Possible problems parts no longer available, they would need to be made at more expense.

So the boring head is going back where it came from.

The boring head serial number is; Mu-3 H.E no.5599

Just in case it gets relisted.

I hope this helps anyone else contemplating such a purchase.

Manny

Thread: electric paint sprayers
11/08/2019 11:25:50

Hi,

thanks for the input.

Answer to question; Barrie Lever.

I would like to spray Enamel paint on home made machine accessories such as Ball turner, custom made brackets for mill, etc

I would also like to lacquer brass Gyroscopes .

Thanks Nathan and John, I will look out for the HVLP unit.

Thread: Warco milling machines
10/08/2019 21:27:08

Hi,

I just wanted to thank everyone thats put ideas forward.

I have decided against warco for now as the replies have put me off.

To start with my mill was just tested with a bar on the table and a 50 thou cut 16 inches long and measured .

There is only .0002 difference in reading measured with mitutoyo mic.

I just wanted something more modern with a fine quill feed for fine boring and also having matching spindle tapers.

Thanks Bazile for all your common sense replies. I have allways sought perfection in any work/hobby.

Thread: electric paint sprayers
10/08/2019 21:17:40

Hi,

are electric paint sprayers any good and will they spray enamel paints such as machine paints.

I need to also spray clear laquer .

Thanks for any help.

Thread: Warco milling machines
06/08/2019 19:40:16

Hi everyone,

thanks for responding to my query. I have single and 3 phase at home so voltage no issue.

I prefer 3 phase from my experience. I like the look of the HV mill but the lowest speed on the vertical seems a bit fast.

The bigger mill is not much more but getting some what heavier. Both machines remind me of the Elliott omnimill 02.

Since i have never used foreign machine, I just wanted to know if they are accurate. Lets say milling a 20 inch long 2 inch square block.

How parallel would it be ? within .0001 inch??

Same with the spindle how much run out can I expect??

Maybe I am to fussy over numbers. Or dreaming.

06/08/2019 13:17:42

Hi George,

thanks for the input, it seems like a mine field. I will be patient and get as much input as possible.

06/08/2019 12:22:51

Hi everyone,

I am now considering buying a Warco mill, I am interested in the HV universal mill.

Are these machine accurate and reliable, as I have no experience of Chinese mills.

Any help and advice welcome.

Thread: Machine tool reconditioning
06/08/2019 11:51:22

Hi Pete,

thank you for letting me know. Do you know of any company or hobbyist that practices this kind of work. As I am disabled and lack strength and experience I would gladly pay for this kind of help.

I wanted to bring my mill back to better than new spec.

04/08/2019 20:18:49

Hi everyone,

Has anyone on this forum had any recent experience with slideway services?

How good are this company? etc

I need a little job done that I cannot do due to health reasons and lack of experience and tools( surface grinders)

Thread: power hacksaws
14/05/2018 22:04:45

Hi Alain ,

I would appreciate a copy of the manual that would be great. My saw cuts really well and returns upwards. tomorrow I will calculate the displacement of the piston that pushes the ram back up. I find the upward motion a little slow compared to cutting. Its either normal due to displacement or the oil viscosity is to light and possibly bypassing the control valve.

A copy of the manual will be of great help, thankyou

Manny

14/05/2018 20:17:54

Hi Brian,

I have looked at every available site regarding these saws and I am aware of Lathes.co.uk. I have noticed even with Qualter and Smith the information is thin on the ground. As these saws were in use extensively you would think the basic information would be out there?

I have the oils you mention, I topped up with the iso 68 but the arm still drops within 12 hours when not in use.

I thought the arm should stay up on its own but I dont know?

The saw cuts extremely well, I was quite shocked how quick they go through material, much improvement on my original sealy bandsaw.

I will have to order a manual.

Thanks

Manny

14/05/2018 17:52:24

Hi I am looking for information on Wicksteed power hacksaws. I just acquired a 6 inch medium duty econocut.

Does anyone known which hydraulic oil is used in this model? I saw on another forum that iso 150 was the right grade but I would like several opinions if possible.

Also would like information on the kind of seals used if any are in these hydraulic feed and return saws.

manny

Thread: Bearings for a gyroscope
13/12/2017 22:28:31

Hi I Havnt been on the forum for a while. I built replica early 20 th century gyroscopes in brass. I use silver steel for the spindles and leaded steel for the adjusting screws. If the screws wear I just make a couple extra. Allways use something harder for the spindles. Its easier to replace the adjusting screws.

The very early gyroscopes used a similar set up. I can get the spin to last for 8 minutes on one pull of the string.

Hope this helps

Manny

Thread: How far would you go?
30/01/2016 15:55:20

Hi every one, I am new to model work. I have a good lathe and I would not have attempted that cut. From my limited experience I have found that as you get deeper the work contracts unto the cutting blade and can jam up.

All the books I have looked at recommend a 3 cut approach to widen the slot, but can anyone tell me if we could mount a coarse tooth hacksaw on a pivot fitted to a rear tool post and then use it as a cut off tool, the work revolves and not the blade it justs pivots.

Thread: Vertex
27/09/2015 20:53:32

Hi John and Jon,

I understand what you are saying regarding costs and demand. I use to design biological filtration systems and built them as well, I was lucky as I controlled the budgets.

Its the end user that matters in the end.

Its a shame that we have lost so many trades over the years and the people with the knowledge.

This thread has taught a lot more than expected. considering it started on the subject of the vertex brand of tooling.

Thanks to every one contributing to my knowledge and understanding on this fascinating subject.

Manny

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate