By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Martin King 2

Here is a list of all the postings Martin King 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: RECORD 03 Wood Plane Rear Handle Thread
05/10/2022 10:15:35

Hi All,

Sent an email to Tracy Tools who replied overnight with their normal expedient service!

" Good Morning, thank you for enquiry, we can only help with the taps, we have in stock HSS £30.00 PER TAP, Dies would have to be made as a 1 off special, cost for 1 off would be in region of £200.00 possibly more if tooling charge was required"

Ouch! Guess I will use another thread!

Cheers, Martin

04/10/2022 15:37:51

Hi All,

I am in the process of sorting out a very nice RECORD 03 Smoothing Plane that has some issues, the main being a broken off rear tote securing screw.

Naturally it has broken off right at the casting and there is also a broken off tap where someone else has had a go!

I have the body casting set up in the mill at the correct angle and have drilled the old screw & tap out. Loctited in a nice snug fitting steel plug ready to re drill and tap.

Does anyone have one that they could please check the correct thread for me? looks about 20tpi or so but I have no part to reference.

Cheers, Martin

Thread: National Trust : free tickets
01/10/2022 10:17:13

Thanks Michael, just got one!

Martin

Thread: Glass Cutter Point?
29/09/2022 12:57:14

So perhaps gently melting the tip where the diamond was, the dropping in the replacement might work?

Also probably the way to remove the point that will be used from the old cutter?

Cheers, Martin

29/09/2022 12:15:30

Hi All,

I have a very nice antique diamond Point glass cutter that sadly is missing its diamond.

Does anyone know how this might be replaced as I have several other scrap ones that could donate a diamond?

Looks a bit like solder?

broken gcutter.jpg

Thread: ANTIFYRE Extinguisher Shipping?
03/09/2022 14:00:04

Thanks Michael & Dave,

A trip to the local fire station is called for I think.

Hopefully they will be able to safely empty it and I will not lose the item which is rather nice!

Will let you know what they say.

Cheers, Martin

03/09/2022 13:43:47

Was Carbon Tet the "original" dry cleaning fluid?

Martin

03/09/2022 13:33:15

Hi All

I have just finished cleaning up a very nice brass fire extinguisher and mounting by ANTIFYRE which uses carbon tetrachloride.

It is almost full of liquid.

Am I allowed to ship this within the UK with the liquid intact?

If I have to empty it are there any particular things to look out for, obviously will do it outside!?

There are lots of the smaller pistol type ones on EBay which appear UNUSED ie full? Mine is like the old PYRENE pump ones.

Cheers, Martin

Thread: Dashcam not loading corrct date & time?
31/08/2022 16:03:11

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks, will contact Roadhawk and see what gives, much obliged sir!

Martin

31/08/2022 15:27:23

Hi Adrian,

It could be that long.

What is this week number thing please?

Martin

31/08/2022 13:55:54

Hi All,

My Roadhawk HD dash cam has not been setting the correct date and time for quite a while now.

Just got around to trying to sort it out!

Works OK and announces GPS lock whenever we go out, I have an external GPS antenna built in to the car.

Is there some sort of battery in the camera that may have died? If so can I fix it?

Cheers, Martin

Thread: Another Mystery Tool
15/08/2022 15:22:54

Hi All,

Yesterdays haul at Shepton Mallet included a stunning cased UNIMAT SL with power traverse and loads of accessories including three of these boxed components that I have never seen before, marked in different sizes?

unimat 12.jpg

Small part is bronze with thread to the end.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers, Martin

15/08/2022 12:03:22

Hi All.

Many thanks for the info on these items.

The vacuum pump is now on its way to a French Instrument collector after a huge amount of interest on EBay.

Cheers, Martin

09/08/2022 19:12:09

Hi Peak4

If a vacuum pump would there have been a bell jar on the platform perhaps on a rubbers seal?

Martin

09/08/2022 18:42:54

Hi all,

Here are two more mystery items from the weekends car boot haul, probably from a school physics lab, not sure what they are.

They appear to be incomplete but I do not know what is absent:

lginst 1.jpg

lginst 2.jpg

pyeinst 1.jpg

pyeinst 3.jpg

pyeinst 5.jpg

Any info would most welcome!

Cheers, Martin

Thread: Sanding belt cleaner
27/07/2022 18:10:04

I use a scrap of old garden hose, works really well.

martin

Thread: 3D-printed gear for Myford Super 7
23/07/2022 11:29:36

Hi, I too would love to have that file please.

Martin

Thread: Hearing aid batteries
19/07/2022 18:06:07

I have a recently new set of aids which have rechargeable batteries, I just pop them in the charger at night and they are ready to go in the morning.

the charger also has a drying program at the same time, useful in this humid weather.

I always found the batteries a real faff as they never ran out together!

cheers, Martin

Thread: Unusual Vice
05/07/2022 10:18:48

Hi All,

Here is the NOVETTO 110 vice with rotating moveable jaws.

novetto 1.jpg

novetto 4.jpg

The scews by the handle lock each jaw in position.

Cheers, Martin

03/07/2022 09:08:10

Hi David

We have had few of these over the years, they are pretty hard to come by and make very good money!

I have just got a different brand of vice that works on the same principle with rotating moving jaws; will post a pic when I have sorted it out, it is seized at this time.

Martin

Nice find!

Martin

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate