By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Circular connector identification (A&S Bridgeport)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fulmen25/07/2023 18:13:04
120 forum posts
11 photos

I need a connector for my Adcock&Shipley Bridgeport, but I don't have the foggirst idea what to search for. Can anyone ID the type for me?

dsc_0290~2.jpg

dsc_0291~2.jpg

DC31k25/07/2023 18:24:29
1186 forum posts
11 photos

These people might be able to help. Calling them on the phone is probably best.

https://www.gtmachineparts.co.uk/

Do you have a parts manual for the machine? Does the exploded diagram shed any light on things?

Fulmen25/07/2023 18:50:53
120 forum posts
11 photos

Thanks. I checked the website but it doesn't look like they stock any. And if it's special order it's really not worth it. I just need to order some parts for an electronics project, so I'm looking for additional parts to fill the order.

Sadly I don't have any documentation for the mill, and no search on "bridgeport connector" or similar has ever yielded any definitive results. Some have suggested Niphan, but I have only found those in banjo or screw, not push fit.

Andrew Johnston25/07/2023 19:45:08
7061 forum posts
719 photos

On my A&S made Bridgeport it says on the connector they are made by LPA. Rather to my surprise LPA are still going and are relatively close to me, in Saffron Walden.

LPA Group

The part number on my connector is X4S which is part of the LPA Niphan industrial connector range. However the push fit/panel mount version appears to be obsolete. The group as a whole seem to be heavy industrial so their products are unlikely to be stocked by distributors.

Andrew

Fulmen25/07/2023 20:34:13
120 forum posts
11 photos

That's it! Thank you so much Andrew. It's definitively the X4S, and from what I can tell it's completely proprietary and obsolete. Guess I'll have to swap out that plug with something more current. It's a bit of a hassle but it would be nice to have a spot light wired to the control box.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate