By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Burnerd chuck jaws

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
toptigger31/03/2023 19:41:19
5 forum posts

I have an 80mm diameter Burnerd chuck on a Pultra Lathe but the jaws are very worn. Can one get replacement jaws?

Cheers S

roy entwistle31/03/2023 19:46:45
1716 forum posts

Probably cheaper to buy new chuck

Roy

Grindstone Cowboy31/03/2023 20:00:26
1160 forum posts
73 photos

They are available, but as Roy says, probably more cost-effective to get a whole new chuck, as other parts are no doubt as worn as the jaws.

(No connection to Rotagrip other than as a satisfied customer)

Rob

Links to http://www.rotagriponline.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=267&category_id=205&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=29

Mike Poole31/03/2023 20:10:58
3676 forum posts
82 photos

If the jaws are still a good fit in the body then regrinding the workholding faces could be an option. This has been covered in other threads here and a Google search will find plenty of advice and demonstrations.

Mike

old mart01/04/2023 14:46:37
4655 forum posts
304 photos

I have a quantity of NOS soft jaws for the 80mm chucks with the 6tpi scroll, (4.24mm) pitch. The width is 9.41mm, slot is 4.85mm and the length and height are approximately 32mm. If you are interested, I may pop them on the classifieds at about £22 per set. They will not fit the later 80mm metric Burnerd chucks.

Howard Lewis01/04/2023 16:18:05
7227 forum posts
21 photos

Sorry, can't help.

The new as that I have are for a 160mm P - B chuck

But if the gripping faces are the worn area, careful grinding (Preferably with nthe jaes locked magainst a ring ) might be man acceptable means of recovery.

Howard

old mart01/04/2023 16:27:07
4655 forum posts
304 photos

I bought an 80mm Chinese three jaw scroll for my 7 X 12 lathe with the SANOU brand, not as good as Burnerd, but not rubbish either. Genuine Burnerd jaws would cost 5 times as much and as already mentioned, that does not help with general wear on the rest of the chuck.

Dave Halford02/04/2023 20:31:41
2536 forum posts
24 photos

Chucks sold with Sanou part numbers can be found from Vevor at the old Sanou cheap prices only without any identifying marks on them. Someone on here thought they were as good, but may be a gamble.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate