By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Clarke CL300 Forward-Off-Reverse switch wiring problem.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Reay08/03/2023 01:13:22
7 forum posts

I realize that there have been numerous Thread posts regarding the PCB wiring problems for the mini lathes, such as Clarke, Warco, Seig etc, but I seem to have a different problem. Before I and and a retired electrician friend of mine even start examining the PCB of a Clarke CL300 lathe it seems that we may have a problem with the F.O.R. switch. This switch looks identical to the C2-181 switch as sold by Arceurotrade. The PCB is the FC250J type.. Our particular switch has wires attached to 11 out of the 12 terminals. We have diconnected the PCB etc from the mains so it is not powered up at all and have checked the connection between each pair of terminals in the vertical 3 Terminal columns with an electrical Multimeter. This test being carried out as per the guidance troubleshooting info from the Little machine shop notes. However, this test was done with all wires still connected to the PCB, and there are some link wires also attached to some of the terminals. We get a continuation reading on one set/pair of Top and Bottom terminals in 1 vertical column. This reading is incorrect according to the Troubleshooting guide but we have not been able to find a wiring diagram which shows both the FOR switch and its connections to the PCB.. .Does anyone have such a wiring diagram/Schematic showing the wiring for all of the controls/ switches/ PCB connections. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anthony Knights08/03/2023 09:57:37
681 forum posts
260 photos

If you go onto the Machine Mart website and search for CL300, you will go to the catalogue entry for that machine. There is a box to click on which loads the manual. Page 37 shows the wiring diagram, although the PCB number is different from the one you have given. Two of the changeover sets of contacts reverse the supply to the motor. One of the other contacts slows the motor down when in reverse. The C2-181 switch is a 4 pole change over switch with a centre OFF position and hopefully stops the motor before you change direction.

Best wishes. Anthony

Edited By Anthony Knights on 08/03/2023 10:03:19

Derek Reay08/03/2023 16:53:36
7 forum posts

Thank you Anthony for your advice re the wiring diagram. I had already seen that one, The diagram looks similar although the row in which there are only 2 wired terminals is in a different position, and is that a link wire between the F and R terminals . However, the 3way switch in my control panel not only has wires connected to 11 of the 12 terminals which all connect to other components, but there are also a number of short black wires which link one terminal to another. These links are connecting a Forward terminal to a Reverse one, with each connection being in a different vertical row, except for one link which is connected to F and R terminals in the same row. The soldering on each of the wires/terminals appear to be original. As these links are not clearly shown in the wiring diagram I am hoping that someone may be able to provide a schematic of their wiring, including the linking wires for the F.O.R. switch.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate