Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Best place to connect air hose

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Callaghan03/03/2023 14:19:12
173 forum posts
7 photos

Hi, can anyone please let me know the best place to connect an air hose on a 5 inch gauge B1. At the moment the boiler is off the frames. I am trying to sort the timing. Thanks

norm norton04/03/2023 10:33:17
202 forum posts
10 photos

Michael

If the boiler is off, then make up a tee piece joined to flexible hose, 1/4 or 3/8 ID engine oil or fuel pipe works well secured with jubilee clips. The two ends fix onto adapters that you need to design and mount on the cylinder valve chest inlets at the top. The other common end of the hose goes to your compressor via an on/off valve. Bring the compressor outlet pressure up and it should run from around 10psi. You will need a proper, big workshop compressor to keep a 5inch loco running.

If the boiler goes back on make yourself a fitting that screws into one safety valve bush The fitting tail that sticks up will be finished to accept the length of hose.

Norm

Edit - this might help as it shows how I did the same job https://youtu.be/_Di62EOCriA

Edited By norm norton on 04/03/2023 10:36:59

Michael Callaghan04/03/2023 15:53:23
173 forum posts
7 photos

Just the information I needed. Thanks norm

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate