Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

Excel pillar drills

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Callaghan14/08/2022 17:32:55
173 forum posts
7 photos

Hi, can anyone please let me if old excel pillar drills are anygood. I have never heard of them before today. Thanks

Mike Poole14/08/2022 18:18:45
3676 forum posts
82 photos

I think Excel is a brand name used on imported machinery. My impression is that they select a better standard of machine than the rock bottom bargain basement level. They seem to supply the professional market rather more than the hobby market. This is my impression of Excel rather than solid experience or first hand knowledge.

Mike

paul rushmer14/08/2022 19:42:06
104 forum posts
17 photos

I aggee with Mike not the best quality I use a bridgeport style supplyed by them and it seems a good machine my previous employer had a excel lathe new I preffered to use the much older colchester. Search for excel machine tools coventry they are still in business. In the past they have made tools in UK I use a 12inch rotary table that says made in coventry

hope this helps Paul

Michael Callaghan16/08/2022 08:49:34
173 forum posts
7 photos

Thanks chaps.

Mike Poole16/08/2022 10:01:27
3676 forum posts
82 photos

Excel This links to the lathes machine tool archive, it is interesting how the Excel brand was created by the Elliot machine tool group who also owned some solid British brands of machine tools. It would seem that your drill may or may not be British made but is likely to be better made than many. If it is accurate and performs satisfactorily it could be a useful machine. A top branded machine that is clapped out is of less use than any machine that is well made and in good order.

Mike

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate