Help with an old Mill

Elliot victoria TV2 mill lubrication

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Karl Tear13/04/2020 17:01:00
14 forum posts
11 photos

Hi everyone. Hope someone can help me

Last year i aqquired a elliot victoria TV2, lovely solid machine. Came with a box load of tooling and was a good size for my workshop. Iv not used it since purchase as been too busy with work but with the current situation it was a perfect time to play in the shed

Iv had a quill issue where it locks up, after tearing down i have found it to be poor maintenance where swarf has got trappes in the body. Cleaned up and stoned the burr. Will be fine. Now im wondering what lubes the spindle. Is it oil or grease. All the other nipple have plaques saying oil or grease ( shell alavania grease and shell vitrea 37 oil ), but my spindle has a nipple iv never seen and no plaque to suggest what to put in it

Iv attatched a photo if spindle bearings and nipple

Oil or grease ? What do you think. Suggestions on type of oil ? Also what equivalent for the shell lubricants

Thanks in advance

Karl

Karl Tear13/04/2020 17:19:36
14 forum posts
11 photos

20200413_165048.jpg20190921_114541.jpg

Karl Tear13/04/2020 17:20:40
14 forum posts
11 photos

20200410_191056.jpg20200412_191256.jpg20200412_191312.jpg20200413_165040.jpg20200413_165045.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate