Back issues & Flash plugin

The Flash plugin is discontinued.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
JasonB09/02/2021 06:33:20
25215 forum posts
3105 photos
1 articles

It has not changed BUT you can and always have been able to download the whole mags that you have paid for from Pocketmags for offline viewing with a similar magazine viewer. No need to muck about with pdfs etc.

Download the app and go from there this is the windows one others on their website for ipad, android etc . EDIT having a job linking to the app but follow the "How it works" at the bottom of Pocketmags screen. start at step 2 as you have already purchased

They will come up like this though yours won't go back as far as mine.

Edited By JasonB on 09/02/2021 08:18:36

HeWe20/02/2021 16:19:57
1 forum posts

Hello

I am new subscriber of MEW and bought print & digital. Digital only because I still wanted to read the old excellent contributions and because I speak the English language very badly - I can translate the digital version well with DEEPL ( I have no shares ).

Thanks to " Corona " and a very cold workshop ??I had time with very - very many different versions to access the MEW from No. 180 ( 2011 ) - nothing worked - by the way also "RUFFLE" which is mentioned above does not work for me. All suggested replacement programs work on Window 10 - Firefox does NOT.

I read the post dated 20-04-2020 20:40 from Neil regarding this problem. I don't quite agree with him, because the newspaper : "Machinen im Modellbau " publishes every year a CD with the previous years contributions WITHOUT advertising. Obviously that it is profitable after all, because this newspaper is much smaller than MEW.

Sorry for my bad english,

Hermann Werlen.

Nigel Toll13/04/2021 07:50:30
4 forum posts

Just tried using Ruffle with Google Chrome with no success due to missing features.

Does anybody have any suggestions for Windows 7 that do work.

Nigel T

Gene Pavlovsky13/04/2021 10:37:42
124 forum posts
80 photos
Posted by Nigel Toll on 13/04/2021 07:50:30:

Does anybody have any suggestions for Windows 7 that do work.

Maybe ask Neil on their progress with "Yes the archive is being updated to HTML5"?

TSH17/10/2021 18:28:27
45 forum posts
11 photos

I too have been frustrated by not being able to view the older editions—especially when a new article refers to something previously published. So I decided to spend some time researching what to do about it.

One source pointed out that Adobe "built a kill switch into Flash from version 32.0.0.387 onward ", but it turns out that only applies to a Flash player running within a browser. Adobe also makes available a stand-alone Flash player program—I believe that originally this was to help software developers, but it is still there.

You can get it here.

What you need is "Flash Player projector content debugger", and this is provided for a number of different operating systems. For Windows the download is just an ".exe" file—you just run it when you need it; it doesn't need installing.

When you run it, it opens in a normal window with an "Open" > "File" menu item as usual. This needs to be pointed to a ".swf" file, either locally on your computer, or (more usefully for our purposes) in a URL link to the magazine.

If there is a clamour to be able to do this I'll make another post on how to find the link after logging on with your subscription in the usual way.

Best regards,

Trevor

Edited By TSH on 17/10/2021 18:29:11

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate