By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mechman48

Here is a list of all the postings mechman48 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Air Compressor Warning
24/01/2021 16:29:07

I have a Clarke 'Ranger' compressor plus a small paint sprayer compressor, both of which I use rarely but even so I leave the drain valve on both of them open after use. So far no sign of moisture/ water from the either so i don't think I have a lot to worry about at the mo'.

George.

Thread: Cheap 4.5" grinding discs
23/01/2021 11:35:08
Posted by duncan webster on 23/01/2021 00:21:29:

Oswestry is down south! In this neck of the woods if the sun is shining it's a sure sign it's going to rain

In my neck of the woods, Cleveland/Teesside if you can see the Cleveland hills it's going to rain, if you can't see the hills, it is raining devil.

George.

Thread: Advice on best approach to milling recess in end bar
22/01/2021 18:19:40

Is that an impellor with the vanes removed; or a flinger disc for a road salter spinner?

Just curious.. thinking

George.

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2021
22/01/2021 11:54:45

Yesterday; simple small job, small drill sharpening attachment...from MEW article..

mini drill sharpener (2).jpg

George.

Thread: Flash Removal Tool
21/01/2021 17:55:47

Thanks for the heads up Neil.

George.

Thread: Surface/ Marking out plates
20/01/2021 19:52:12

Lapping plate; sometimes come in circular shape.

George.

Thread: Flash Removal Tool
20/01/2021 18:45:40

I have just tried my access to MEW digi subscriptions having renewed my 'paper & digital' subs. In MEW I can get back to # 278 Mar. 2019 & no further, going into 'Pocketmags' I can access Issue 213- Mar 2014. does this mean I have paid for digi' issues I can no longer have access to!.

George.

Thread: Stuart 10V Build Log - Complete Beginner...
16/01/2021 16:07:33

Superb finish, nice running at all psi's well done.

George.

Thread: Digital Height Gauge Recommendations?
16/01/2021 13:10:22

I have one of these, the 8" version. I used to have one made from a dial Vernier caliper but the rack had problems so I ended up getting the digital one.

**LINK**

George.

Thread: Back issues & Flash plugin
16/01/2021 12:04:32
Posted by JasonB on 15/01/2021 16:55:38:

Gene, you have to have a digital subscription and need to enter your 10digit subscriber number.

J

PS sorted out Georges formatting.

That's what I had to do, thanks for sorting formating.

Geo.

15/01/2021 16:40:17

Similar probs today...

Have found it; issue 251, the problem is that Adobe flash is not supported any longer & I cannot open digital issue to retrieve dwgs. This is a flaming nuisance! Is MTM going to address this point?. My renewal is due soon, am I to no linger to be able to access long time back digital issues, if so what is the point of renewing subscriptions if I can no longer refer to back issues. Can moderators look into this?. Does anyone have access to issue 251 & possibley down load article & forward via mail.

George.

Sorted, have to go through 'Pocket mags' web site, sign in to registered MEW a/c then can access digi back issues; convoluted way of going about it !

George.

Edited By JasonB on 15/01/2021 16:52:50

Edited By JasonB on 15/01/2021 16:54:15

Thread: Socket/thread sizes
15/01/2021 16:09:01

+1 for Elora & Gedore, have used these makes in my previous life as a 'clanky'. I can also vouch for 'Stahlwille' brand, I have literally bent one of their spanners using a little extra leverage without it breaking. Add 'Bahco' to that list.

George.

Thread: My compact workshop
15/01/2021 15:56:56

Welcome Roger, looks like you've got a 'compact' set up there. looking at some of the pics of models you've made I would say in the NVQ L3 parlance, you're more than 'Technically competent'.

George.

Thread: Wishbone Drill Sharpener
15/01/2021 15:28:33

Sorted, have to go through 'Pocket mags' web site, sign in to registered MEW a/c then can access digi back issues; convoluted way of going about it !

George.

15/01/2021 14:48:26

Have found it; issue 251, the problem is that Adobe flash is not supported any longer & I cannot open digital issue to retrieve dwgs. This is a flaming nuisance! Is MTM going to address this point?. My renewal is due soon, am I to no linger to be able to access long time back digital issues, if so what is the point of renewing subscriptions if I can no longer refer to back issues. Can moderators look into this?. Does anyone have access to issue 251 & possibley down load article & forward via mail.

George.

15/01/2021 13:49:41
Posted by Oldiron on 15/01/2021 13:32:35:

A description of the Wishbon 2 and some usage instructions Here

regards

Seen this; link to purchase doesn't 'open Link', have sent pm to originator for updated link.. I seem to recall a long while back there was an article in MEW on construction of this. with drawings.Will trawl through back index .

George.

15/01/2021 13:29:36

Phil P... 'My wishbone sharpener arrived at work today, and just out of curiosity I borrowed a vernier protractor to measure the frame angle.

Have looked on eBay for this sharpener but nothing like it appears apart from the 'Picador' 'Spiralax' type, can you provide a link for this 'Wishbone sharpener'

TIA
George

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2021
07/01/2021 18:56:25

Finished off my pair of Kant clamps; now need to find a project where I can use them..thinking

kant clamps (7).jpg

kant clamps (5).jpg

George.

Thread: Stuart No 10 drawing help
07/01/2021 13:12:59

If I read it correctly the only dimension you should concern yourself with is the over all height from the bottom of the feet to the top of the cylinder flange - 211/16. As it is a casting the bottom face between the legs can be dresseed & left as is. IIRC on my S10 I only dressed the bottom to remove the rough casting. Others may have differing comments.

George.

Thread: A finished project - at last!
05/01/2021 12:35:11

Superb work Tug; it's obvious the time & effort gone into it would take the 3 years, it puts my small engines leaving a lot to be desired. My trouble is I tend to be impatient with a 'must get it done' approach which tends to lead to mistakes, redo's, & oversights.

George.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate