By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David-Clark 1

Here is a list of all the postings David-Clark 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 5 minute cad
28/09/2023 09:40:24

Tool crashes, I have seen some good ones. Spindle into table, £30,000 damage to ceramic spindle bearings.

I never did this, the odd minor problem, I broke a drill on my first day programing but I only had the manual to show me what to do.

I did blow up a £10,000 4th axis once and took out both x and y axis boards on a week old interact 800 macining centre.

It was a new 4th axis and the chuck key was too long to fit in the front of the chuck. So as it was new, I put the chuck key in the back rather than cutting it down, tightened up the chuck, someone asked me something and I turned around and answered him, turned back, closed the doors and pressed go. Bloody great bang. Luckily the boss claimed back on the company insurance policy. Oh well, **** happens but very rarely it happened to me.

Edited By JasonB on 28/09/2023 09:57:37

28/09/2023 09:30:12

Jason, thank you.

28/09/2023 09:29:23

Yes,sounds like he does this for a living.

No skills whatsoever. All day attempting to do this. With an old version of a 2d cad package, 5 minutes to draw it and 10 mins max to program it and on to the next job.

I would like him to try some of the stuff I have done by hand, 7,000 + long lines in heidenhein.program tuns for about 7 hours. I think it was for an F116 front landing strut. Not sure on the exact plane but it was 6 protypes for a US fighter aircraft or bomber.

28/09/2023 08:48:04

Hi Jason, yes,he kbows a saller cuter would be better but he could not program the profile using offsets so he tried tool path size programming which he could not get to work either.

I hope you don’t mind be calling you Jason, seems more convenient than adding a B.

If you do mind, just tell me.

i

28/09/2023 02:28:15

Thank you Martin, I will pass it on.

I can easily sort out the intersections from Jason’s drawing but Unfortunately don’t have the time.

Just a Zeus book exercise but I don’t have the time, a Zeus book or a pen and paper at rhe moment which is why I asked on here.

28/09/2023 00:06:10

Thank you Jason, I will pass it on to him. Lets hope he can do a bit of trig. He is doing this on a Pro Track cnc. Not sure if Pro Track does polar,? I used a Pro Track for about 2 years but that was 25 years ago.

27/09/2023 21:25:15

Fillet is 1/2 inch

Straight part is 1 inch wide.

The black profile line is the 1/2 inch cutter offset.

He tried to do it without using cutter compensation.

Thanks Jasonb

I have Fusion 360 but I need to add it to the laptop but just don’t have time at the moment.

Down for next week.

Then I can play with the Proxxon cnc mill. And the Unimat 3, and the other unimat 3 and the Unimat 3 milling attachment needs to go onto ebay together with the second unimat 3 to pay for another Proxxon cnc milling which in turn will go on Ebay. I will sell the unimat 3 and milling attachment and some accessories separately. Buy a package, split it up and double your money.

27/09/2023 20:33:42

The poor chap has been trying to do this job all day.

i don’t have cad at the moment.

27/09/2023 20:32:07

Can someone give me the intersection of the angle in the attached drawing. I don’t have access to a cad package until I can install one on my PC

Thread: Unimst Belts
20/09/2023 21:45:27

I published an article about the sizes of o rings for Unimsts in Model Engineers Workshop. I think it would have been between issues 123 and 150. Can someone let me have a copy of this article please?

Thread: Searching forums and albums
19/09/2023 22:14:43

Hi Neil
Same place I was back circa 2006.

Jason, I think a Myford Bull wheel is 65 teeth. Not ideal for dividing.

Thread: Myford Ml7 Technical Drawings
17/09/2023 15:20:26

Hi Howard, I think converting threads directly is a stupid idea and doubt that was what the original poster meant.

Yes, metric dimensions would be fine but threads should be suitably selected for the jo.b in hand wether they are imperial, metric or measured in bananas.

17/09/2023 14:25:23

Hi Jasonb 1,000 gb connection so not speed. Fat fingers possibly but I usually use a stylus.

17/09/2023 13:26:06

I had reservations back when the forum was started. I believe as editor of the magazines I was the first member other than the site designer. He built the whole thing from scratch, hence the difficulty of not being able to modify it to overcome problems.

17/09/2023 13:17:44

OK, I hope it works OK, I have reservations.

17/09/2023 11:59:47

Thank you Stuart, I found it now. I was not on the home page.

Silly old differ. “Be quick! The forum is about to be replaced, maybe next month. Images in an album that aren't referenced by a post will be lost.”

Is the forum being replaced completely? It has always been quirky, probably because it was custom built.

It would be a shame to lose all this knowledge, almost 20 years with. I hope it will be accesible in the future, to valuable to be lost. I found the CNC drilling article I wanted. Thank you all for your help.

Thread: Myford Ml7 Technical Drawings
17/09/2023 11:46:41

Hi Nigel

I did not post twice and I can't see how to delete it.

17/09/2023 11:07:29

Hi Stuart

I searched using the google search at the top of the home page but nothing was found. I can’t see a search box lower down the page.

17/09/2023 10:54:47

Actually, there should be an article on drilling 24 holes in the face of the backplate, I could do with a copy of this article. I think it had a listing of the program I used. I could do with this listing for my new (to me) CNC mill.

17/09/2023 10:50:12

Thank you Stuart, that is the one I was looking for.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate