By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jesper Crone

Here is a list of all the postings Jesper Crone has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Myford Super 7 Metric thread cutting gears
09/12/2019 16:59:22

Brian and Simon

With great help from Brian and his book and from Simon an extraordinary friendly assistance getting the missing 16,5T and 17T gear as described above, I'm now making metric threads on my Super 7 with OLD gearbox.

Thanks to everybody for useful comments and assistance

Jesper

26/11/2019 20:44:30

Thank you all for the interesting posts - You are really experts.

Brian - I would like to receive your calculations per email; j.crone(at)get2net(dot)dk

Best regards

Jesper

25/11/2019 21:13:24

Hello Simon; Thank you for all your efforts.

I did follow your suggestion and made a thread with QC setting 20 TPI - and the pitch is 20 TPI; So far so good. then I just need a bunch of "metric teeth".

Jesper

24/11/2019 20:49:28

Posted by Jesper Crone on 24/11/2019 13:58:47:

Posted by Jesper Crone on 23/11/2019 22:33:25:

Dear members

40 years has gone since my education as a fine mechanical engineer and also 40 years away from machining I just bought a Myford Super 7 anno 1955-56 (2 years older than me) for making various bits and pieces. First job was to make a nut with an internal thread M62x1,25 for my Arboga Milling machine. Made in Stainless steel all turning and slotting went very well but the pitch wasn't accurate

The super 7 is delivered i July 1956 to Greenland, Serialno SK 4986 with gearbox serialno QC 1942. I just have the fitted gears

From spindle: 30T, 30T and 28T fibre, 30T/12T, 57T/19T, 57T/19T, 72T(on the gearbox)

Main priority is metric threads but I also need some inch cutting.

I'm obviously are missing some gears; have read in here about a 33T and 34T but assume it won't fit my machine - or if - where to fit and where to get them

I hope for some useful help - all the best from Jesper in Denmark

I didn't figure out how to insert picture

Thank you very much for all your kind posts; I will get hold on the bible about gearing for screwcutting. I'm pretty sure that the gearbox was delivered with the machine in 1956 as I have both manuals; Lathe publ S.715 dated 56 and gearbox publ 712 dated 56 with the gearing chart as per pictures. BUT I have no extra gears than fitted on the pictures - so I'm much in doubt what I need to buy in order to cut metric screws - and I do not understand the 161/2 teeth gear nor where to buy.

24/11/2019 13:58:47
Posted by Jesper Crone on 23/11/2019 22:33:25:

Dear members

40 years has gone since my education as a fine mechanical engineer and also 40 years away from machining I just bought a Myford Super 7 anno 1955-56 (2 years older than me) for making various bits and pieces. First job was to make a nut with an internal thread M62x1,25 for my Arboga Milling machine. Made in Stainless steel all turning and slotting went very well but the pitch wasn't accurate

The super 7 is delivered i July 1956 to Greenland, Serialno SK 4986 with gearbox serialno QC 1942. I just have the fitted gears

From spindle: 30T, 30T and 28T fibre, 30T/12T, 57T/19T, 57T/19T, 72T(on the gearbox)

I'm obviously are missing some gears; have read in here about a 33T and 34T but assume it won't fit my machine - or if - where to fit and where to get them

23/11/2019 22:33:25

Dear members

From spindle: 30, 30 and 28 fibre, 30T/12T, 57T/19T, 57T/19T, 72T(on the gearbox)

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate