By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Bradbury

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Bradbury has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Myford 33t and 34t gears for metric threads
17/05/2023 12:41:59

I see that RDG TOOLS have 33 and 34 tooth change gears back in stock.

Thread: Small bandsaw needed
20/09/2021 01:47:15

I have the Warco CY90. I mounted it on a box with one side open so I can store short lengths of material. The box is on castors and the whole thing low enough to store under a bench. I use it most days. My motor gets hot if running for long periods of time. Now that I have it I wouldn't be without it.

Thread: Gas strut for Axminster SX2
29/07/2021 19:57:58

Hi Mark B, The gas strut on my X2 holds the head in the position that I stop at.

Thread: Barbeque Time
18/06/2021 12:15:30

The Cob BBQ is a brilliant device. I carried one on my sailing boat. It can be used on any flat surface as the bottom does not get hot. It has the ability to BBQ a sausage or cook a full roast dinner. The Cob Cobblestones are smokeless so you stand a chance of not upsetting your neighbour's. I wouldn't be without mine.

Thread: What is your favourite "unusual tool that you find useful" ?
04/06/2021 09:55:07

A small Swiss Army penknife that is on my keyring. I use it everyday from letter opening to peeling fruit. It has a pair of tweezers that are brilliant for splinter removal.

Thread: What to do when you lose something
24/04/2021 12:31:02

Lost my six inch ruler. Over the course of many weeks I searched everywhere I could think of, workshop, house even the garden, nothing! It was time to bite the bullet and buy another one. I waited several weeks for it to arrive. After a few messages to the suppliers they sent another one in place of the original which never arrived. The new six inch ruler arrived. Off out to the workshop to finish the job that I had abandoned when I lost my six inch ruler. But what was the measurement? I head back indoors get the book with the measurements that I need. It has been sitting on the coffee table next to where I place my teacup. I pick it up and it falls open at the exact place because I'd had the sense to mark the place with my six inch ruler!

Thread: Hello from Mitch Lees
24/12/2019 14:02:50

Hi Mitch,

Look at John Creasey on YouTube "Tips for oiling a Myford Lathe"

Chris.

Thread: What lathes have you had?
21/07/2019 11:30:12

Sieg C1- taught me a lot and I can move it easily.

Myford Super 7B- does everything that I have asked it and I like using it.

Chris.

Thread: TTFN
18/07/2019 21:16:41

Hi Andrew I can't express how much I will miss your practical and sensible advice. As a newbie to model engineering I need experienced people like yourself and the other knowledgeable people to on here to keep me on the right track. I read the offensive comments that a few, from time to time, put on this site and like many others dismiss them out of hand. As others have said please return soon.

Chris.

Thread: What started your interest?
16/07/2019 10:40:16

When I was a boy I saw a Myford lathe in a shop window. I was fascinated by the complexity of it. Ever since then I have wanted one. Sixty odd years later I became the proud owner of a Myford Super 7b. I am halfway through the build of the Elizabeth steam engine as designed by Tubal Cain. It is taking a while as we moved house last year and I had all the usual jobs to do that go with a house move plus build the workshop and renovate the Myford.

Chris

Thread: Supaburner's for Model & Toy Steam Boilers Explained
12/07/2019 11:37:01

Now you have explained how it works I'm going to make one. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Thread: Do you clean your workshop at the end of the day?
28/06/2019 11:50:33

Yep Trevor and Barry get my vote

Chris

Thread: Is it bad practice to lock my Myford lathe using the slow speed lever
24/06/2019 11:06:19

I read somewhere to put a paper washer between the Mandel and the chuck this seems to work as I have not had a problem removing any chucks. I do use back gear (lazy) and just the palm of my hand

Thread: Easy Button Die Storage Solution
20/06/2019 11:02:12

I like the idea thanks for sharing

Thread: Lathe Speed - What am I missing out on?
19/06/2019 11:14:38

I got a mirror finish once saw a old man looking back at me scared the life out of me

Thread: C1 lathe opinions
10/06/2019 11:14:09

I have owned my C1 from Axminster Tools for the last seven years. In my opinion it is a great little lathe. I move it around the workshop as the need arises. At 23kg it is easy to transport. I have a top slide which I rarely use, I do find the vertical milling slide and vise useful. You do have to take light cuts as it's very easy to overload the small motor. Would I buy one again the answer is yes I would it's a very handy addition to the workshop.

Chris

Thread: Getting rid of the garage door...........
25/05/2019 11:20:22

+1 for keeping the garage door. I divided my garage 6ft behind the up and over door for storage. It was cheaper to insulate the remaining 10ft rather than the whole garage plus the smaller space is easier to heat. I did it this way with no windows for all the security and access reasons as given above

Thread: Get on yer bike
28/01/2019 11:18:35

I've often wondered how fit a treadle lathe would keep you or do you just get big muscles in one leg?

Chris

Thread: Vote now for the John Stevenson Trophy
20/04/2018 13:32:41

I am finding it really hard to to decide

Thread: Round (leather?) belts
16/04/2018 09:36:55

I made all my sails for a 33ft boat on a Singer treadle machine. They have done six Atlantic crossings so far. I carry a hand Singer on board for running repairs. They knew how to make things that lasted back then.

Chris.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate