By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham Waterworth 1

Here is a list of all the postings Graham Waterworth 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Swing grinder help
03/06/2023 00:44:36

Thanks for all your replies.

I spent the evening clocking the head square using the tramming method and the best I could get was 0.01mm / 0.0004" TIR over a 10 inch sweep of the machine table. I then refitted the mag chuck.

I then dressed the wheel and skimmed a 50mm dia billet in .0005" passes swinging from the right to the centre of the wheel and back to the right. It is not how I would expect it to look.

I am going to check the mag table tomorrow and see if its hollow.

P.S. how can I post pictures on here?

Thanks Graham

31/05/2023 16:25:39
Posted by Robert Butler on 30/05/2023 22:23:21:

Excel are based at Colliery Lane, Exhall, Coventry telephone 02476 365255. Worth a call.

Robert Butler

Not the same company, same name but only started in the 80,s my machine is the original 60,s machine but thanks anyway.

29/05/2023 21:58:06

Hi all,

I inherited an Excel swing grinder in bits, my guess is it was taken apart to aid moving it, its very heavy. I have put it back together and all looks good but what I need is a manual to help set it up properly.

My main concern is the spindle head had been removed, should it be square to the table or are they at a slight angle to stop back cutting once dressed?

Any help would well received.

Thread: Delay to Issue 299
11/12/2020 13:11:41

I have not received my Issue 299, how long do I wait before saying its lost?

Thread: For discussing the merits of alternative 3D CAD programs.
10/01/2019 00:14:40

I think you have misinterpreted my comment, I am not talking about modelling a thread I was looking at producing patterns of standard drilled, tapped, counter bored and chamfered holes on PCD's grids and lines with the simple dialogue, this to me is a basic 3D cad function but I guess this low end version is aimed at 3D printing.

03/01/2019 00:06:43

Well I tried it and within minutes I have made my mind up its of little use to model engineers without spending on the pro version. A 3d cad system with no internal or external thread / hole making facility is just too limited.

I will stick to what I have.

Thread: Tormach PCNC 1100
04/04/2015 17:39:27

I wonder if Tormach will change its trading name too to remove Mach from that as well wink

Thread: Is it just me?
29/01/2014 00:15:21

I have had it with MEW and 'CNC in the (Model Engineers' ) Workshop has been the final nail in the coffin.

Never have I read so much waffle over so many pages in so many issues as this, 10 parts so far and no sign of any worthwhile information. How can anybody justify producing two holes and an arc over 50 pages.

I have been teaching CNC setting and programming for over 25 years and from my experience this article could have been completed in a fraction of the time and space. The sample code is also long winded and flawed to match the rest of the article.

Edited By JasonB on 29/01/2014 07:18:28

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate