Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

MMEX, share a taxi

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
duncan webster23/09/2023 21:48:44
5307 forum posts
83 photos

Two of us going to MMEX Friday by train, arriving Leamington 11:15. Looks like we'll have to get a taxi as there is no courtesy bus, and the service busses are infrequent. If anyone is arriving at a similar time and wants to share with us send me a pm

Chris Crew25/09/2023 08:16:36
418 forum posts
15 photos

There is a Stagecoach bus that departs just around the corner from the railway station, It is the No. 63 towards Rugby and departs hourly at 42 minutes past the hour. It will take you to the roundabout where the A425 crosses the B4455. From there it is a five minute walk to the exhibition centre through the car park.

If you have a bus pass it is free, or rather someone else pays! If you walk through the snicket under the railway line towards the town's main street the bus stop is outside All Saints' Church. Alternatively, walk under the girder bridge and turn left into Bath Street at the traffic lights and just keep walking until you see the church on the right. From memory, there is no signed bus stop for the return journey to Leamington but the bus stops exactly opposite the signed bus stop on the other side of the road where you alighted. I used this service last year to avoid paying for the shuttle-bus and will do so again this year as I have a B&B booked in Leamington for a couple nights.

It's so much cheaper than a taxi even if you don't have a bus pass.

Edited By Chris Crew on 25/09/2023 08:18:09

Chris Crew25/09/2023 08:34:16
418 forum posts
15 photos

I have just checked on the Stagecoach website and there is a return bus at 16.00, 17.13 & 18.27 from Radford Semele, but the exhibition centre is a few minutes outside the village by bus and there is the walk to the bus stop to be taken into account, so I would be at the stop at least 15 minutes earlier than the above times to avoid missing the bus and missing your train home. I will be on one of those services so our paths may just cross.

BTW, It's worth downloading the Stagecoach app to your phone.

Edited By Chris Crew on 25/09/2023 08:40:28

duncan webster25/09/2023 11:10:04
5307 forum posts
83 photos

Thanks for that. According to the chap I'm going with, the bus takes an circuitous route and so is slow, all eating into the limited time we gave at the exhibition, especially as some of it will be taken up by a boring talk by some old fogey (me)

Nealeb25/09/2023 11:59:32
231 forum posts

Thanks for mentioning the talk, Duncan - I'm a sucker for anything that starts with "Dummy's guide..."

Actually, the talks programme looks quite interesting - something I would visit each day. Still, Friday is the only day I can make it - see you there!

Chris Crew25/09/2023 13:03:47
418 forum posts
15 photos

"Thanks for that. According to the chap I'm going with, the bus takes an circuitous route and so is slow, all eating into the limited time we gave at the exhibition, especially as some of it will be taken up by a boring talk by some old fogey (me)"

I can only go by my own experience last year but the No.63 bus to Rugby was direct to Radford Semele along the A425 out of Leamington. According to Stagecoach the journey takes between 11 & 13 minutes. There may be other buses that take a more circuitous route, the No.664 is showing on the Stagecoach website for example which may take a different route, but not being a local I don't know Warwickshire bus routes, I can only go by my experience last year and the Stagecoach timetable and app. To me it was convenient, quick and above all free with my bus pass so I really don't think it will eat into your time at the exhibition because I would suggest a taxi may take almost as long as the bus.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate