By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Forum House Ad Zone

C.B. Reeve year clock

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Gaze14/04/2019 20:52:52
3 forum posts

I am in the early planning stages of making Claud Reeve's year clock, I have the original information published in the Model Engineer in 1951, and W. Bolton's version from 1984. Does any one have issue 2753 of the Model Engineer from 1954 on page 206 is Hermann Knie's version of the year clock, as I would like to see what he made of it, as everyone has their own ideas. Many thanks.

Fowlers Fury14/04/2019 21:59:23
446 forum posts
88 photos

Paper & print quality comparatively poor then but assuming you only want to see that one page:-

me 1954.jpg

Fowlers Fury14/04/2019 22:10:31
446 forum posts
88 photos

Before replacing the old & yellowed issue in the book case, here's a fairly hi-res scan of the only other page with images.
me 1954_2.jpg

Michael Gaze16/04/2019 22:06:37
3 forum posts

Thanks for the quick reply, Hermann seems to have copied Claude's design to the letter, I intend to use a much simpler perpetual calendar that was described by the late Brian Bisset in the Horological Journal in 2008, on a sub plate on the front with all the clock work between the plates, that is the theory any how. Again many thanks.

bruce linde30/04/2022 19:53:28
1 forum posts

did you ever move forward with your project? One of these clocks has come into my possession, already built. The verge escape we all needed serious attention and the weights were wrong… But it's running great now.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate