By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Metalhacker

Here is a list of all the postings Metalhacker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Choice of small milling machine
21/12/2009 20:41:46
This thread I find very interesting as I too am contemplating a new Mill. The Arc X3 or super X3 appeal greatly. Has anyone any experience of them and their accuracy. Also is the factory setup worth it or is the rather involved process detailed on their website a useful way of getting to know the intricacies of the machine's assembly. Time is at more of a premium than money, if that is relevant.

Thanks for anyone's thoughts
Andries
Thread: Diamomd tool holder
16/09/2009 18:58:32
Bought a Diamond tollholder in 1994 before I left Oz. I cuts like magic on my 918 type lathe. I later noticed a very similar device with screwed height adjustment in a Percival Marshall book of my Dad's dating from the 1930's. Used round HSS and showed how negative rake could be used on Brass etc. There is nothing new under the sun eh! I had never thought of using round HSS in the Diamond however so I will give it a try. Will make finishing cuts much easier.

Andries
Colchester
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate