By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stueeee

Here is a list of all the postings Stueeee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bridgeport Contactor Problem
14/06/2015 19:49:25

Have you checked that the aux contact is making OK when the contactor is operated? Would have thought it has to be either a problem with the aux contact not making or the stop button (which usually just breaks the aux circuit when pressed) being permanently open circuit.

Thread: What did you do today (2015)
10/06/2015 21:31:06

Just got this finished today -it's a complete "spare" 4W toolpost for my S & B lathe -it's a complete unit that will just slide into the visible tee slot in the topslide.

4 way toolpost top view

4 way toolpost bottom view

I made the original (on the left in the photos) about 35 years ago just after I bought the lathe -the machine had come with an incomplete single way toolpost. The minimum order of this size of steel from the stockholder's turned out to be big enough to make three toolposts. Of course, once one was made, the other two pieces that I had cut with my donkey saw languished in the "short ends" box. Over the years, one of them has been lost in the couple of house/workshop moves since.

It wasn't any attack of engineering zeal that caused me to finally get round to making a second toolpost (which is now loaded with four different tools to create an alternative quick change tool setup). Two months ago I had an accident at home and had a short stay hospital stay where they kindly added some Titanium into my leg and put a plaster cast round it. I have discovered that being on crutches or in a wheelchair means that machining is still acheivable from a seated position, the only downside is being positioned at exactly the right level to get a facefull of hot swarf or coolant.

lathe with luxury seating

Not sure if this is the usage that the NHS had in mind when they issued my new workshop stool!

milling machine with seat

The plaster cast is off now, so looking forward to spending more "upright" time in the workshop once I get some more movement back in my foot.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate