By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for KWIL

Here is a list of all the postings KWIL has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: I like a nice tool but..
02/08/2023 13:03:26

There is another japanese saw that is useful, with no set on the teeth you can cut flush without marking the surface.

Thread: Why do modern car engines have different types of bolt type heads like Torx etc?
27/07/2023 18:31:05

There is one great advantage in having UK sources of oil and coal (including new Oil and new coal) is that you SAVE the transport costs and emissions bring it from far off places for as long as we need it to allow the green steps to be safely taken.

Anyway, how much of the worlds emissions do we contribute? Quite a low % I would guess.

Thread: Gluten Intolerance
21/07/2023 10:01:32

DMB,

Hydrolysed Vegetable fats = margerine

Other contributors

Sourdough bread is equally disgusting

Cadbury chocalate has become like all USA choc ugh!

Is IBS just a generic term to cover all effects not properly understood as a specific problem?

Thread: Spitfire in aluminum. Metal art display model
20/07/2023 19:17:43

Much work done done following experience with the Schneider Trophy float plane during the earlier 1930s..

From personal experience it flies like it looks, a dream.

Edited By KWIL on 20/07/2023 19:18:27

Thread: Scams
13/07/2023 19:21:23

Harry

I too received the email you show. to an email account I own, but do not use for purchases!!

Put in my trash bin,

K

Thread: Boiler makers in 2023
13/07/2023 10:26:27
Posted by Nigel Graham 2 on 12/07/2023 22:43:49:

The last couple of issues of ME show only Maidstone and Western Steam, and they make only copper boilers.

Souhern Boiler Works are still very much in the business of copper boilers.

Thread: Workshop Clock
05/07/2023 08:34:36

I have not used Duracell batteries for some time now because they are more likely to leak, causing damage to whatever they were being used for..

Thread: Old tools restoration
03/07/2023 13:20:49

Typical King Dick adjustable spanner.

Thread: Replacement Bearings - Myford ML7 Motor
29/06/2023 14:33:42

I am somewhat sceptical about the motor bearings being white metal (inspite of the infomation stated).

White metal bearings need more than infrequent lubrication and I have not seen a ML7 motor with other than just a hole that endeavours to fill up with swarf.

Am I wrong?

Thread: Cure for Tight Nuts
24/06/2023 09:52:18

The metal flow when goughing reminds me just like the metal and dross flow when using a thermic lance to cut concrete.

Thread: All things Beaver Mill
07/06/2023 09:40:07

Air Power Drawbar

Air Drawbar pic for Bridgeport

07/06/2023 09:22:43

I made and fitted a pneumatic drawbar for my Bridgeport, what with its riser and off floor pads, the top is quite high.

Works every time without locking the spindle although I can if I wanted to.

Thread: End cutting in mill
01/06/2023 14:04:24

You could always try

https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/collections/copper-washers

They have a very large range

Thread: Any idea where to buy?
26/05/2023 15:58:27

Bags of hen's teeth also availabledevil

Unlikely to find any as Philips x head screws were not available in BA sizes.(afaik)

Thread: What does this symbol mean?
24/05/2023 20:17:34

I am sure it shows what it says. Two identical windings, 1:1 ratio, Completely isolated for safety. In other words an isolation transformer.

Thread: ME4717 Miscollation
22/05/2023 11:23:30

Me too 11.00 this morning

Thread: Myford levelling on industrial stand
17/05/2023 19:30:45

Myford Series 7 machine aged raw castings were inverted and the 4 feet machined to a common level.

The casting was then placed the right way up and secured to the machine bed. The top, front and rear ways were then machined to the correct outline before being transferred to a grinding machine when the final profiling took place.

None of the 3 Myfords I possess have been difficult to "level".

If you are making your own raised mounting blocks, a threaded pipe reducer makes a good adjuster, before tightening the throughbolt as required. This enables the block to be bolted into position first, so you are dealing only with the minor variation in height that may be required.

Thread: ME4717 Miscollation
15/05/2023 13:22:46

I simply telephoned Mortons and a new complete copy is in the post.

Mine had merely many missing pages and hence was thinner.

Thread: Recommended viewing - Artificial Intelligence
14/05/2023 10:58:05

Micheal,

I am gratefull for your information, (as usual)

K

14/05/2023 10:28:02

Micheal,

How far into the programme? I cannot stand LK's incessant nagging to await the correct time.

K

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate