By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Michael Johnson 6

Here is a list of all the postings Michael Johnson 6 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Oh dear - not quite right - again!
18/05/2023 19:55:37

Sorry, I must have clicked into the wrong forum. I thought this was a Model Engineering Forum, but it seems to be an English language revision forum. If you want to question the literacy of people I suggest you go to Facebook. Almost every post there has spelling or grammatical errors. Some to the point of being almost unintelligible.

How does that oft quoted (mis-quoted?) line from the bible read? "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" (John chapter 8 v3-7)

16/05/2023 20:31:33

It's not just ME magazine. On the BBC news this evening Clive Myrie announced that the Dambusters (617 Squadron) were based at RAF SCRAMPTON. As with the previous post there is a rogue letter R in there. It's SCAMPTON! I should know as I was involved in the runway refurbishment a few years ago while the Red Arrows were still based there.

Thread: ME4717 Miscollation
16/05/2023 20:25:13

I see from an email received earlier today that they are going to do a reprint and distribute in the next few days. Probably not really required as I expect most have done what I did and removed the staples and re-assembled in the correct order??

15/05/2023 14:02:57

Here here!. Just taken it all apart, re-ordered and re-stapled. Nice little challenge for a Monday morning!

Thread: Hello from East Northamptonshire
22/10/2021 15:06:16

Thanks everyone for the welcome. It's great to know that the Model Engineering world is a friendly and helpful place.

21/10/2021 20:58:59

Hello all,

I'm Mike and I've recently bought a quite old Myford Super 7 that seems to be in quite reasonable condition. I was planning (rather too ambitiously" to build a 2" or 3" traction engine, but after looking at the set of drawings that i bought, it's not a realistic plan at the moment - mainly due to overall cost and (boiler - best part of £3000) and a two year wait. Also not sure that the Myford Super 7 is really big enough for a project of that size and complexity and not currently having a milling machine. So I have a bought a Tom Senior kit from "The Engineers Emporium" and have made a start. I may well be asking questions on this forum for some tips on how to machine certain components. Although I am a time served Mechanical Engineer I have never done milling operations on a small lathe, so that might well be an area that I need advice. I would also be interested to have details of a model engineering club within a reasonable distance that is not focussed solely on model railways - no offence but I'm not really interested in that aspect, although many of the processes and techniques etc would no doubt be the same for what I am doing.

Thread: Cleaning glass.
15/10/2021 14:26:44

The best product that I have found is Auto Glym Fast Glass. - spray on and wipe off with a clean micro-fibre cloth.

Thread: What is it?
15/01/2021 11:08:16

Thanks all for your rapid replies. I'll follow the link above to work out how to use it.

Take care.

14/01/2021 13:46:48

Hi,

I bought a second hand Myford super 7 lathe recently and the item in the photo came with it. I have no idea what it is or what it would be used for. Presumably something for model engineering as the chap I bought the lathe from was into making model loco's.lathe accessory.jpg

Thread: Boiler for 2" Traction Engine
14/12/2020 09:10:04

Thanks guys. That's a great help. It seems that most of the clubs local (ish) to me focus mainly on Railway modelling, but presumably the boiler processes are the same as for TE's

11/12/2020 13:13:12

Has anyone got a recommendation for a company to make a boiler for a 2" Traction Engine please. The drawings suggest that copper will be fine. It needs to have all the relevant paperwork with it.

Thanks

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate