By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Me.

Here is a list of all the postings Me. has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Herbert No10 Mill - details
21/09/2020 13:54:07

Hi All

I'm in need of info of which I can't seem to find on the WWW.... which i was surprised at.

Herbert No 10 Mill - Instruction book ? exploded view diagram ? tooling ? Speed controls.

Anyone out there using or know of any one using such a fine machine.

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

Ive tried Lathes.co.uk nothing sort a 2 page info sheet.

Thread: Emco - Maximat V10 - help
15/08/2020 22:32:03

Exactly the sort of answer i needed.

It sort of makes sense to me. I will post a picture of the the relays and the switches already ready installed.

I have fitted.

On

forward

reverse

Low speed

High speed

and stop

Thanks for the link - I have a look at that

15/08/2020 20:44:49

Help needed in converting the old relay push button controllers on my Emco V10.

The Lathe was converted to a push button relay controlled panel some years ago , but some of the relays are no very tired and not staying energised.

What is the best way to convert the control box and what type of controller needed.

Can i still use the original motor and use a new controller or should i replace the motor as well ?

I await the responses.

Thread: New to it all..... Gonna need help.
21/02/2020 09:08:55

Thanks again for your reply - My hands are telling me - Strip it down ! But now my heart has to step in and say - "oi hands ! STOP..... have a play and do as the the others say...."

I already have the book mentioned along with the Myford book and a few others -

The lathe only cost me £100 so i'm sort of quids in at the moment.... I expect the spare wod will soon disappear.

21/02/2020 08:40:58

What can I say - apart from Many thanks for the prompt and very informative replies. I appreciate the time you all took to write such a comprehensive replies.

I will take on board all your comments and see how things go.

Are the thread adapters for the chuck readily available or is it something i will need to get made ? The original chucks do look a bit worn.

If the tail stock is 1MT is it beneficial to change to a larger tailstock - or are the 1MT items available and useable ?

20/02/2020 09:47:16

Hi All

After many a year, I finally went and done it - only in a small way and with a cheap thing with a bit of use - I'm talking about a lathe - what did you think i meant....

Anyway, its a Myford ML2 which looks in reasonable condition with nearly all the bits there.

My intension is to strip it down and give it all a good clean and a re-paint.

I have a list of questions - in not particular order.

1 - what should i be looking at to replace ie bearings seals etc

2 - what colour to paint it - want to go original if still available

3 - what should i be looking at to get for it - it has basic 3 - 4 jaw chuck and face plate.

4 - can you get a quick change tool post to fit it ?

5 - what are the tapers in the tailstock ?

6 - NOW THE BIG ONE - should i be looking at changing the drive gear to a variable speed motor - ??? getting away from the old motor and pulley set up.

Your answers will be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate