By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Matt Reid

Here is a list of all the postings Matt Reid has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Oil
14/05/2020 18:25:42

Guys a lot of different options on oil think will go for fully sync and set oilers 2 drops per miniute for head stock and oil ways with same could use some new oil wick whare can I get it from thanks matt

11/05/2020 22:46:42

Hi looking for information on oil for ways I am in UK Scotland so need be able to buy here need recommendations as to what I should use on ways and main shaft also how much do you need when running drops per miniute from drip oiler thanks hope yous can help

Thread: Quick change tool post
29/04/2020 20:10:27

Guys information and help is appreciated I haven't long got lathe and it only came with one holder and cutter so can't really do much as never sharpened bits that's why the qctp I could buy carbide and then go for it rather than get angry because I could not sharpen hss so time in setting up is not important whare can I buy hss holders and which hss again thanks

29/04/2020 13:20:13

Guys thanks for all reply think I will try get a cheapish qrtp so problem now is how to measure up for tool post if poss could a picture be put up as I am new to lathes you have gave me a lot to think about on subject as I can't sharpen hss if I get new tool post it might give me the chance to try other cutters again thanks

28/04/2020 10:36:49

I want a easy set up would need to keep trying to set wedge it's not easy and can't sharpen hss that's why I would like a descent cheap holder

28/04/2020 09:16:31

Thanks for all your help looking at the link I can confirm it is a b4 dalton I am new to lathes with this information can you recommend quick change tool post would fit even a used one thanks again

27/04/2020 16:43:19

Hi first post need help in finding a quick change tool post for a dalton lathe which has lantern post if anyone can help with information please get in touch thanks great site

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate