By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tim Ellis

Here is a list of all the postings Tim Ellis has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Electrics for a battery locomotive
09/06/2019 21:31:49

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help unfortunately I've been in hospital and recovering from an operation so hadn't been able to reply sooner. I managed to wire up the locomotive today and fitted a 20amp fuse and circuit breaker. Everything ran perfectly on the rolling road.

. Many thanks, Tim

19/05/2019 21:04:05

Many thanks Dave, Emgee and John.

The motors do not have any information on them, I've looked at every part of the body but nothing. The chassis I am using is the remains of a sadcastings dock shunter which uses two of these

http://www.sadcastings.org.uk/accessories/standard-part-detail/electric-motor#

I can only assume these are the same type as I have.

very best,

Tim

Edited By Tim Ellis on 19/05/2019 21:05:07

19/05/2019 18:14:45

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the reply, I'll look into this tonight. Can I ask how you calculated the right fuse? Its just I'll probably build a second in time and would like to understand every little aspect.

Many thanks, Tim

19/05/2019 16:12:23

Hello,

This is probably going to be a very simple question but I am not familiar with electrics and need some help.

I am building a 5 icing gauge battery locomotive. I have 2 12volt motors fitted which will be powered by a 12volt 24ah battery. The control unit is a 1x Motor Speed Controller Forward Reverse Switch PWM Governor 12V 24V 36V TE952. I think I should add a fuse and a circuit breaker but I do not know which one or how to go about calculating the right ones.

Many thanks,

Tim

Thread: 5 inch 0-4-0 Shunter
19/05/2019 16:08:26

Fantastic work.

I am also building a 5 inch gauge locomotive. Can I ask, I have sued the same controller, have you fitted a fuse box and circuit breaker? and if so which ones have you used?

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate