By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tony Bradley 1

Here is a list of all the postings Tony Bradley 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: HAUSER 2BA Running off 240V
30/05/2023 21:09:37

Has anyone got a Hauser 2BA Jig Borer running from a 240V supply ?

Thread: Lorch LAS Lathe
18/09/2021 08:33:08

Thanks to everyone for their help on this subject, very helpful information.

Tony

09/09/2021 18:09:14

lorch las broken selector shaft (2).jpglorch las broken selector shaft (1).jpgHi Jon, yes I did see that post. I will see if I can get in touch with Adam.

The "select shaft arrangement" yes its that part. Where yours has a least an inner race, mine has sheered off the 'cam' part of the shaft that the bearing attaches to, so I'm going to have to make a new one. Do you have any pictures of your arrangement that you could share with me please. Here's mine if the pictures attach.

lorch las  (1).jpg

24/08/2021 20:47:11

Hi,

Has anyone out there got a Lorch LAS Lathe ? I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1960 LAS. I'm looking for information on the selector shaft bearing arrangement, mine was snapped and the bearing missing on the end when I brought it.

Also any info on taking the spindle assemble out without too much disassembly of the epicyclic back gear for belt replacement.

Thanks

Tony

Thread: Smart and Brown 1024 Lathe Norton box and 2 speed box
02/12/2018 21:06:09

Thanks Clive for your response and advise. I'll get on to the Yahoo group. I've managed to get the 2 speed box working tonight, it turned out to be the linkage, which I tightened up and the fact that it hasn't run for a while, once it changed once it started to work fine.

Not so much luck yet withe the 8 speed selector, yes its unwound fully but seems to stick between 4 and five and I really don't want to turn it too hard. I'll have to find out where its binding,

thanks

Tony

02/12/2018 18:12:07

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Norton Box and the 2 speed (fast and slow) box on a Smart and Brown 1024 Mk1 lathe ?

I've recently purchased a S&B 1024 Mk1 Lathe and it has a few issues with the selection of the gearing. Firstly I can only select 4 of the 8 speed ranges on the central dial and secondly the fast slow selector seems to be jammed.

If anyone has any experience and can advise with these 2 issues I would greatly appreciate it ,

Thanks

Tony

Thread: New member with a Centec 2 mill
31/08/2018 19:22:06

Thanks for the posts chaps. not done it yet, yes mine does have an early vertical head, would be nice to have the quill type so if you hear of one going anywhere please let me know, also a riser block too

Tony

29/08/2018 22:01:43

Hi , new member here. I've just purchased a Centec 2 mill, I'm keen to hear from other members who own or have owned one of these machines and their views. Thanks Tony

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate