By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jim Young 2

Here is a list of all the postings Jim Young 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Inverter failure guidance
28/03/2020 15:58:44

The enforced time off has lead to much garage tidying and there were a couple of jobs for the lathe to do. It is a Warco 220 that had a ABB ACS200 fitted before my ownership. It was working perfectly. Today, no motor running. I have flicked through the menu on the inverter and looked at the manual, all as clear as mud!

Is there a set of standard settings that should be set to get started? Output frequency say 0.0 Hz and output voltage is saying 0v . My working theory is that there is a ‘memory battery’ that has failed and it has forgotten it’s settings.

All help / hints appreciated!

Regards

Jim

Thread: Making Rings
21/03/2020 11:33:45

Steve

Thanks for the above, lots to think about and experiment with.

I will come back with questions as they occur !

Regards and stay safe!

Jim

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2020
18/03/2020 19:44:47

Steve

Would you be willing to expand on your methods for the rings and perhaps indicate a source for the ring blanks.

Your results are spectacular and encourage experimentation!

Thread: Basic battery charger
09/02/2020 10:01:14

Nathan....tell us more about the project!

Thread: What Did You Do Today 2019
31/03/2019 17:58:10

Re brittle strimmer cord, I moaned at my local mower repair place about the short life of coils of strimmer cord. They recommended storing in an ice cream tub in water. Seems to help but of course it soon dries out when left on the strimmer.

Thread: New WD40 Can
30/09/2018 09:54:13

**LINK**

And if using as a penertrating oil I mix it with acetone.

Also found ATF mixed with acetone is good, but you have to keep it shaken as it separates.

Thread: A delta motor running in star config.
27/05/2018 09:45:49

I too was thinking that although the motor was CAPABLE of 2HP that is a factor of the load imposed upon it. Thus use correctly wired, and just be aware that if too high a load is placed on the drive train, your motor will go over the 1HP ideal!

Thread: Anyone repair electric driven items?
24/05/2018 22:12:54

I would try Proxxon. Recent experience is that they are helpful. Sent me a part for free, very satisfied.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate