By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Fearnley

Here is a list of all the postings John Fearnley has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The little car you can drive in France without a licence
04/01/2016 22:43:01
Posted by vernon stuttard on 04/01/2016 21:35:49:
Posted by Muzzer on 04/01/2016 18:14:50:
Posted by Neil Wyatt on 04/01/2016 17:43:38:

My brother had something like that for a while, with a tiny Kubota 3-cylinder 2-storke diesel engine. It even had electric windows.

I think he thought it was a Rolls Royce after his MZ.

Neil

Is 2-storke the power rating? Sounds puny whatever it is!

2-stroke; the lowest form of mechanical life wink

That's a bit unfair - aren't some of the biggest piston engines in the world (in ships) 2-strokes? And I'm very fond of the GM Detroit supercharged 2-stroke Diesel in my Chamberlain Super 90 tractor too smiley Not to mention my Field Marshall 2-stroke semi-diesel.......... John.

Thread: Mytimemedia
29/08/2015 18:07:11

Thank you Neil.

As I hoped, my statement on this forum resulted in an immediate response - something I was not getting recently by using the normal channels. It also resulted, after two days, in the required back numbers arriving by special post. On the same day, five weeks after I paid for them, an envelope containing one or other of the original sets of three magazines also arrived!

All I asked of the person on the phone when the first set hadn't arrived was that replacements could be sent by first class post, but I was told categorically that replacements would take yet another 7 to 10 days. Not the best way to deal with a frustrated customer, and obviously not the case!

John

27/08/2015 16:28:37

On the 22nd of July - over a month ago - I took out a subscription to Model Engineer on the understanding that the previous three back numbers could be supplied as well. This was because they were the first in a new series that I was interested in. Mytimemedia took payment from my card for the subscription and also an extra £10-80 for the three back numbers. As I said that was over a month ago but no back numbers have materialised! I have emailed them several times only to be fobbed off with stories that my order was being dealt with, then when that one didn't turn up that another set was being posted - which has not arrived. Now they are ignoring my emails and a telephone call resulted in my being told it was not company policy to put me through to a manager! I gather that Mytimemedia are a third party and not the actual publisher, in which case I think the latter should seriously consider their relationship! John Fearnley.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Engineer or Model Engineers' Workshop? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Engineer & Model Engineers' Workshop

You can unsubscribe at anytime. View our privacy policy at www.mortons.co.uk/privacy

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
cowells
Sarik
MERIDIENNE EXHIBITIONS LTD
Subscription Offer

Latest "For Sale" Ads
Latest "Wanted" Ads
Get In Touch!

Do you want to contact the Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop team?

You can contact us by phone, mail or email about the magazines including becoming a contributor, submitting reader's letters or making queries about articles. You can also get in touch about this website, advertising or other general issues.

Click THIS LINK for full contact details.

For subscription issues please see THIS LINK.

Digital Back Issues

Social Media online

'Like' us on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter
 Twitter Logo

Pin us on Pinterest

Donate

donate